CODFISH CRUISE 2023
NEW DATE (due to weather)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 29 5:30 – 8 PM
Scroll down for sponsorship information.
FUND THE FUTURE LEVELS
Fundraising will take place as we wind up the sailing part of the evening.
With a Fund the Future donation* you are making a direct impact on our mission to Educate, Preserve, and Operate while sailing at sea. Whether it is making sure that a student or passenger gets an equal opportunity to go on a sail with us or helping us prepare for unexpected preservation your donation at any level will make a difference!
* The items listed below are examples of how your donations can make an impact not exact definitions of how your gift will be used.
- education sails for 60 students from Pathways for Children.
- complete cost of replacing one plank in the hull.
- hard-to-source historic engine and vessel parts to build inventory for future.
- rope and cordage needed for the season.
- give sixty descendants of Gloucester fishermen a free sail on an historic fishing schooner.
- family sail for an adult ed group from Wellspring or Action, Inc.
- annual safety gear inspections, registrations, and maintenance.
- Kirby paint for deck houses, fixtures, and hull.
- experiential deck tour for 20 young adults from Express Yourself in Beverly.
- pine tar and oil for the rig and deck.
- a new block/bronze hardware for the vessel.
- feeds the crew for two weeks.
- training for 10 sea scouts complete with overnight experience.
- rescue boat winter storage and maintenance.
- crew laundry for the season.
- one spool of small diameter line for the vessel.
- free sailing vouchers for five Big Brothers/Sisters and their Littles.
- A new life ring.
- first aid and CPR training for crew and volunteers.
- admission to the Essex Shipbuilding Museum for our Girls on Adventure.
$100 FTF- ALL HANDS ON DECK – If everyone on board will raise their paddles at the $100 level together then we can create strength in numbers and our donations will have a greater impact. Literally, we call it bringing “all hands on deck”! Here’s what that could fund:
- A sail for a cohort of Girls on Adventure to bring their families on board to show them how much they’ve learned over the summer where they proudly crew and sail the vessel themselves!
Please contact Betsy Hoffman – firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or purchase a sponsorship.
IF YOU CANNOT JOIN US YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE by giving to ANY OR ALL of our important initiatives of the 2023 season: