It is our goal to be a resource to teachers. We are in the process of creating curriculum units. Keep checking for the new installments to our resource library.
- Wind and Water Activities Packet
- Sinking and Floating Activities Packet
- Fish and Fishing Activity Packet
- Adventure in Learning – Community Unit
- Adventure in Learning – Life Unit
- Adventure in Learning – Place Unit
- Adventure in Learning – Work Unit
- Our Heritage of the Sea
- Science of the Sea
- Poets and Painters of the Sea
These resources are provided as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Click here to download the latest version of the free PDF viewer.
Skippy Finds Adventure
Meet Skippy, a wharf dog whose life changed forever when she wandered aboard a busy Gloucester fishing schooner. Skippy Finds Adventure accurately portrays a typical day aboard a dory fishing schooner from the perspective of the stubby-legged dog who found her home among the hard-working crew of Gloucester’s beloved highlander. Written by Peter Cherry and illustrated by Rusty Kinnunen. Concept and historical direction by Beth Welin. You can purchase the book and a stuffed Skippy by visiting the Ship’s Store.
- Learn the Science in Sailing
- The Art of the Sea
- History & Culture
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Maritime Links
Education pages are currently being revised check back later in October to see the changes.