Our Community Voted!
In October 2019, Bank Gloucester gave away a total to $20,000 to 19 Cape Ann organizations and Schooner Adventure is honored to be one of them! Adventure was among the top four non-profits to capture votes and received a $1000 check.
Schooner Adventure Cause for Support:
* Adventure is one of the last of the Gloucestermen- the fishing schooners that are an important part of Cape Ann’s historic fabric. She is a National Historic Landmark and an official project of Save America’s Treasures.
* Your vote is an investment in the maintenance and preservation work essential to bringing this history into the future.
* Since 2016, Adventure has provided more than 600 Descendants of Gloucester dorymen with special sails free of charge each year to honor their families and connect them first-hand with their legacies.
* Through our Community Sails, visits to Maritime Festivals, and special events, we have introduced more than 15,000 passengers and guests to this region’s storied heritage- and the magnificent experience of sailing on a Grand Banks schooner!
* Since 2015, Schooner Adventure has hosted over 3,500 youth from throughout the region for educational programs on board. These programs teach teach teamwork, leadership, and communication in addition to lessons in history, nautical science and STEM topics.
* 75 percent of youth participants are from low to moderate income backgrounds. Most programs require support for fees and/or transportation.
*You’ll be supporting our small staff and a dedicated corps of volunteers who generously donate more than 5,000 hours a year of their time. They do everything necessary to keep Adventure running and sailing smoothly. We couldn’t be more grateful!Read More News