Thanks to you, we reached our goal!
The generous contributions of our Captain Circle patrons, our donors, our members, and our friends to the 2019 Annual Appeal allows us to extend the reach of our educational programs in 2020 and preserve Adventure for future generations.
• Support essential maintenance and preservation work to keep Adventure sailing.
• Help to provide access for all to Adventure’s educational offerings
(Adventure has served over 3700 students to date, 75 percent of who come from low to moderate income backgrounds).
• Foster program partnerships with other local nonprofits. (Maritime Gloucester, the Northshore Education Consortium, Project Adventure, Girls, Inc., Gordon College and more than a dozen others.)These partnerships enable us to share resources to expand our benefit to the community.
• Assist our dedicated cadre of volunteers. They donate over 5,000 hours per year of their time and provide invaluable service to our organization.
• Enable additional Descendants of dory fishermen to experience their family legacies. (Over 600 Descendants have sailed with us free of charge.)
• Invest in our current Strategic Planning initiative to map Adventure’s way forward.
Five Years! Thanks to the commitment of our community, our beloved schooner Adventure has now completed five seasons of sailing in service to the public. The vessel has sailed hundreds of times, thousands have participated aboard for resonant experiences, and she has become a source of great civic pride. Emerging after years of a quiet life alongside the dock, Adventure has become Gloucester’s iconic flagship, vividly woven into the fabric of our community.
We have accomplished much thanks to an outstanding Board of Directors, a small and dedicated staff, and an exceptional group of volunteers whose selfless commitment of their time is awe-inspiring. Most importantly, we have made this progress because of supporters like you.
A generous investment in the stewardship of our National Historic Landmark adds to the thousands of students who’ve participated in an inspiring classroom without walls, connecting lessons for the future with the context of the past. Because of your support, residents and visitors alike have the opportunity to savor the cultural heritage we share. You help us serve descendants of the Gloucester Schoonermen who sail with us each season. Their forebears worked the dory fishing schooners that made this the most important fishing port in America, and we honor and celebrate the contributions of these families. Thank you! We are deeply grateful for your dedicated support.